MTN Share is a service that allows you to transfer airtime from your MTN account to other MTN customers’ accounts.
MTN Share can be used by all new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network. You can transfer airtime Free of Charge.
How to transfer airtime on MTN (SMS)
Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 321. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 321.
Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 321.
How to transfer airtime on MTN (USSD)
To transfer Airtime, dial: *321*Recipient’sNumber*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then send. For example: *321*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send.
When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
However, before you can transfer airtime, you must change the default PIN which is 0000, but if you’ve already done that, that’s fine, if No, here’s how to change the default PIN.
How to Change the default MTN Share PIN
Send an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 321. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 321.
You can also change your PIN by dialing *321*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *321*0000*1234*1234# and then send/OK.
Immediately you change your PIN using any of the options above, you will receive an SMS informing you that your PIN was changed successfully.
Guidelines to Airtime Transfer on MTN
- You can only transfer in Naira amounts and not in kobo, i.e. you can transfer NGN71.00 but not NGN71.99.
- You can transfer between NGN50.00 – NGN5,000.00 in a single transaction.
- You can transfer up to NGN50,000.00 from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN accounts every day.
- There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
- If your MTN prepaid account does not have enough airtime to cover the amount you have requested to transfer, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- If you are a postpaid customer, you will only be able to transfer airtime when your account is in positive. You will not be able to transfer airtime when your account is negative (-). For example, if your account balance is N-300.00.
- If your account balance is N1,000.00 you will be able to transfer airtime up to the available N1,000.00 in your account.
- How to Buy Data on MTN
- How to Share Data on MTN
- How to Load MTN Card
- How to Check Glo Balance
- How to Check NIN Number
- How to Check Airtel Number
- How to Buy Data on Airtel
- How to Check Airtel Data Balance
- How to Migrate to MTN BetaTalk
- How to Subscribe to MTN Night Browsing
- Airtel Data Plans and Bundles
- How to Subscribe to Airtel YouTube Night Browsing
- How to Migrate to MTN Yafun Yafun
- How to Convert MTN Points to Airtime
- How to Block MTN SIM Card
- How to Share Airtime and Data
- How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel
- How to Transfer Data on Airtel
- How to Create a WhatsApp Channel
- How to Check BVN
- MyMTN App 50GB Free Data