When you see the message “Apple ID not active” when you try to sign in with your Apple ID, or sign out of your device. it simply means your account has been suspended for security reasons. There are few reasons why this might be the case:
- You just created your Apple ID and haven’t completed the verification process.
- You’re using a new email address or phone number that you haven’t yet verified with Apple.
- Payments and Billing issues.
- You changed your Apple ID to an email address or phone number you haven’t yet verified.
- Your account has been locked for security reasons.
Can i fix Apple ID not active Error?
Here is how to fix Apple ID not active error! – Step by Step.
- Log in to your Apple ID account page.
- Go to the Security section and click Edit.
- Under two-step verification, click Resend next to the Trusted Phone Number field.
- Enter the verification code sent to your trusted phone number and click Verify.
- Click Done.
Once this is complete your Apple ID is now active, and you can use it to access all Apple services.
Contact Apple Support
If you’ve tried all of the above steps and still can’t fix the problem, contact Apple Support for help on the Apple support App or Visit: support.apple.com.